Ho Chi Minh City
Luxury Mekong Cruise - Le Cochinchine Cruise >> Cruises along Mekong River from Saigon to Angkor Wat Cambodia
Le Cochinchine Cruise >> Cruises along Mekong River from Saigon to Angkor Wat Cambodia
7 Days 6 Nights
Day 1: Sai Gon - Cai Be - Vinh Long - Sa Dec (L, D)
- Pick up from your hotel in Saigon and depart for Mekong Delta
- Arrival Mekong Delta we will board our sampan for an exploration of lush vegetation of - Mekong Delta and the lively Cai Be floating market. Walking for visit the handicraft village of the local people. Sightseeing the old house and sample various tropical fruits. - Return to our boat.
- Our boat sets sail and cruise through zizag cannales and river heading out to Sadec and moor midstream for the night.Diner and overnight on board.
Day 2: Sa Dec - Long Xuyen (B, L, D)
- Rising up early for another nice day we contemplate sunrise while having breakfast on board. Visit the Sadec local market , following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras.Walks/Cycle amongst the ever blossoming Sadec flower village and local industries.Visit bricks and tiles kilns and the manufacture of earthenware pots on a bank of river Back to boat and enjoy welcome back drink while lunch is served.
- The Le Cochinchine set sails through the canals of Lapvo with a magnificent landscape that come along the river banks: rural walks, farming, nursering farm, fishing, boating, smiling school children all in full swing.
- Enjoy traditional herbal foot massage on boat.
- Diner and while Le Cochinchine cruises towards Longxuyen
Day 3: Long Xuyen - Cho Moi - Hoa Hoa (B, L, D)
- Rising up early for another nice day we contemplate sunrise while having breakfast on board. Visit Longxuyen floating market by small boats
intermingled through the water as vendors buy and sell their fruit. Visit a crocodile farm and promenade on OngHo island, see daily life of the local people who live on both sides of the Mekong (Bassac river), and small arroyos on the island. Noon approaching we return to Le Cochinchine boat and carry on our journey to HoaHao village. Lunch on board. Disembark and head to Chaudoc. Tonight we stay overnight in Chaudoc.
Day 4: Chau Doc - Phnompenh (B, L, D)
- This morning we will have a boat ride from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh departing at 8am. - The boat takes us along the Mekong River. It continues on to the Vietnamese (Vinh Xuong) - Cambodian (Kaom Samnar) border and then to Phnom Penh, capital of Cambodia. The journey takes approximately 4 hours. Arrival transfer our hotel in Phnompenh, the capital of Kingdom of Cambodia. A visit to Phnom Penh is a very interesting experience indeed. It is a city with an interesting pulse and it gives you a very true taste of Asia. We will visit the Wats Phnom, National museum, silver Pagoda and Royal Palace. Overnight at Sunway hotel**** in Phnom Penh.
Day 5: Phnom Penh Cruise to Siem Reap ( B, L , D )
- This morning there will be a transfer to Phompenh port for the boat ride to Siemriep. The boat winding our way on Tonlesap river, taking in such spectacular view of rural life on water. Arrival Siemriep, transfer to the hotel .Visit Prasat Kravan with its unique brick sculptures and Ta Prohm. One of the area's most beautiful temples, Ta Prohm has been relatively untouched since it was discovered and retains much of its mystery. Its appeal lies in the fact that, unlike the other monuments of Angkor, it was abandoned and swallowed by the jungle, looking very much the ways most of the Angkor temples appeared when European explorers first stumbled upon them. Visit as well Takeo, Chau Say Tevoda and Thommanon.
- Dinner and overnight at Prince d’Angkor hotel.
Day 6: Angkor Wat Temple (B, L, D)
- Breakfast at hotel.
- In the morning, visit the most famous of all the temples on the plain of Angkor: Angkor Wat. The temple complex covers 81 hectares and is comparable in size to the Imperial Palace in Beijing. Its distinctive five towers are emblazoned on the Cambodian flag and the 12th century masterpiece is considered by art historians to be the prime example of classical Khmer art and architecture. Angkor Wat's five towers symbolize Meru's five peaks - the enclosed wall represents the mountains at the edge of the world and the surrounding moat, the ocean beyond.
- Lunch at local restaurant. Aftenroon visit the ancient capital of Angkor Thom (12th century). See the South Gate with its huge statues depicting the churning of the ocean of milk, the Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, the Elephants Terrace, the Terrace of the Leper King and Bayon Temple (unique for its 54 towers decorated with over 200 smiling faces of Avolokitesvara), until sunset. Dinner local restaurant and accommodation at hotel.
- Tonight we will enjoy diner with traditional Khmer folk performance of Apsara.Overnight at Prince d’Angkor hotel in Siemriep.
Day 7: Departure (B)
- At leisure to visit the market or "Les Artisans d'Angkor - Chantiers Ecoles" of Siem Reap (if time permits). Transfer to Siem Reap International Airport for departure flight to the next destination.
No. of passenger
3 - 7 Pax
8 - 12 Pax up
Cruise inclusive of :
- All boat cruise Lecochinchine with meals
- Boat ride from Chaudoc to Phnompenh-Phnompenh -Siemreap.
- All accommodation on the Le Cochinchine boat and at the hotels (Sunway hotel, Prince d’Angkor hotel)
- Meals as indicated (B= breakfast; L=Lunch; D=Diner)
- Admission fees and permits where applicable
- Land transportation
- Airport transfers
- Service of crew and English speaking guide on board.
Cruise exclusive of :
- Transfers by private vehicle from Saigon to Cai Be
- Pre/post trip arrangement
- Beverages, Travel insurance
- Visa fee (Visa fee on arrival at Cambodia border: 25USD, 1 photo 3x4cm).